The Channel 7 Brighton Jetty Classic is South Australia’s largest open water swim and street festival and it is the platform for our fabulously famous Marilyn Jetty Swim!
While the Brighton Jetty Classic itself has been running annually on the first Sunday in February since 2006, the Marilyn Jetty Swim started in 2014 thanks to founding Marilyn, Sarah Tinney.
As a Swim Marilyn, the swim is the highlight of the day and will see you join your fellow look-a-likes as you swim/paddle 400m around the iconic Brighton Jetty, creating a sea of Marilyn’s. It’s really a spectacular sight! Just take a look here.
While the swim itself is the main highlight, there is plenty of fun to be had right across the whole day.
Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect on the day:
From 8 am:
- Marilyn’s arrive bright & early made up and ready to go for the big morning ahead
- Check in at the Cancer Council SA marquee – you’ll be greeted by our marvellous Marilyn team who will check your name off, provide your swim tag & bag to keep your belongings in
- Slip, slop, slap – all Marilyn’s are SunSmart and are provided with sunscreen to apply before the swim
- Pump that swim ring – our trusty team will ensure your swim ring is looking the goods
- Smile for the camera – gather together for a final pep talk from our fearless leader Sarah and group photo
From 10 am:
- Brighton prefers Blondes – promenade down Jetty Road to a sea of excited onlookers and supporters
- Slip, slop, slap (again!) – drop off your Marilyn bag at the Marilyn marquee and remember to apply another layer of sunscreen
From 10:30 am:
- Take the plunge – on your marks, get set, swim!
- Celebrate! Post-swim celebrations at the Brighton Surf Lifesaving Club.